Established In 1860, Woodford clocks and watches were based in the heart of the Birmingham Jewellery Quarter.
Sadly the old family firm went into administration at the beginning of the recession, but Mark Needham, the Grandson of the founder of the Woodford brand, now works as part of Harrison Brothers in London and some of the Woodfood clocks, watches and barometers are still made there today
In 1847 Harrison Brothers & Howson took over managing the company which first registered its assay mark in 1808 at the Sheffield Assay office. Due to the high quality of craftsmanship, the company expanded from its humble beginnings in Norfolk Street to the Shoreham Street Works and a new factory in Carver Street. With continued success the London showrooms at Hatton Garden and Holborn were opened later moving to Argyle Street. Sadly, the firm later ceased trading but the brand of Harrison Brothers & Howson was revived in 1978 from its base in Clapham and continues to produce exceptional quality Sterling Silver items for the discerning purchaser.